LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, March 18, 2011

Fridays are Golden

Lucy has her own interpretation of sharing.  It means taking whatever she wants.  As is often the case, Ellie was lying comfortably on the bed by herself.  Lucy plopped down and gradually "scootched" and "wormed" her way so that Ellie is pretty much off the bed while Lucy has room to spare.






Lucy, I know you often use Ellie for a pillow, but this is carrying it a bit too far!




Gee, Mom.  Ellie's not complaining, now is she?

Spring officially arrives this weekend and not a day too soon!  And as a special treat, we will enjoy a "Supermoon."  If the weather is clear, we will see a very large moon Saturday night.  It will be the biggest full moon we will see for some time and the moon will be closer to the earth than it has been in 18 years.  Here's hoping the skies will be clear and we can all share the experience.

We are still concerned about the disasters all over our planet.  As there is increased talk of our country's involvement in Libya and a "no-fly" zone, I have been reflecting on some wise words of Anne Morrow Lindbergh:
If we do not better our civilization, our way of life, and our democracy, there will be no use trying to "save" them by fighting;  they will crumble away under the very feet of our armies.

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND, EVERYONE!

11 comments:

The Bug said...

That's a great quote - if I remember I might use it for a blog post in the near future.

Love your silly girls - Dr. M (Carolina Linthead) will tell you that I'm the blanket hogger in our bed, but at least I let him have half the mattress :)

Rudee said...

Ellie doesn't seem to mind the bed hog.

I love your quote, too. I did just read that Libya, in light of increasing international pressure, has declared a cease fire on their own citizens. Let's hope that's true.

Karin said...

Have you shown Lucy the photos you've been taking of her not sharing? I'm smiling here! Those two seem to be fine with each other! I know I'd be complaining!

I saw a beautiful moon at midnight last night! Hope it's a clear sky again!

Thanks for sharing that great quote from Anne Morrow Lindbergh!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Poor Ellie ---but she truly doesn't seem to mind!!!! Lucy just likes to cuddle!!!!

I hope we get to see that BIG moon... That is HISTORY...

Have a nice weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Busy Bee Suz said...

That quote is very relavent. Lucy is a girl with a mission...her own mission.
I had not heard of the supermoon....I will try and check that out. LOVE the moon.
Have a blessed weekend.
I hope the injured player is doing better.
xo
Suz

Anonymous said...

Oh, I do love your girls. My husband accuses me of being a Lucy--he just doesn't know to call it that.

Beautiful, poignant quote.

carolina nana said...

Those dogs love each other so much.
Have a blessed weekend.

Dawn Fine said...

hee hee..I love this photos..with one pup flopped on the other!
So cute..
Great Quote ..

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

We have the same thing happen in our house and there is always another bed or place nearby, but something about that spot....

I hope you're doing well! The sky is supposed to be clear here in Virginia tomorrow night--I'm hoping the weathermen will get it right!!

D.K. Wall said...

Ellie - you might just qualify as the most patient dog we have ever met.

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

I always love to hear what's going on with your girls....they are too precious!!

I love the quote..powerful!

~Beth