LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Sunday, January 25, 2009

37 Things

I have enjoyed following the fellow bloggers who responded to the "37 things" meme. So I decided to do it myself.

With the clear understanding that you might not be all that interested, just skip this blog and look for some birds tomorrow.

1. Do you like blue cheese? Yes, I love it.
2. Have you ever smoked? Yes. If you graduated from high school and started college in the ‘60s it was pretty much a given.
3. Do you own a gun? Not now. We used to have a 22 pistol. We kept the pistol in one locked box and the ammo in another. One day my husband and I wondered where the ammo was. After spending half an hour trying to find the ammo, we decided perhaps we didn’t need the gun after all. Gave it to the police.
4. What flavor Kool Aid is your favorite? I HATE Kool Aid! I didn’t even like it as a child. Way too sweet.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? I used to get nervous if I had gained a few pounds. Amazing, isn’t it, that we become little children again when the doctor says, “I see you have gained a few pounds since your last visit.” Now, I look him in the eye and say, “Yes, I suppose I have. Now can we talk about my medical condition?”
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I LOVE them so much I dare not keep them around. I could eat hot dogs every single day. I especially love “Dixie Dawgs” with cole slaw.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? “A Christmas Carol” with George C. Scott as Scrooge
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee, immediately
9. Can you do push-ups? Not anymore
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? A diamond and sapphire ring which was my husband’s grandmother’s engagement ring. It was commissioned by Tiffany’s many, many years ago and is unique and lovely.
11. Favorite hobby? Reading, or maybe knitting, or maybe hiking. Depends on the mood and the weather.
12. Do you have A.D.D? No, but I’ve been known to have flight of ideas
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? Drugstore readers
14. Middle name? Carolyn was my given middle name. My first name was Nancy until I had it legally changed. Now Carolyn is my first name and my maiden name is legally my middle name. Took quite a while, $850 in attorney fees, notarized statements from three people who know I’m not a crook, and an appearance before the Clerk of Court. I should have done it before 9/11/01.
15. Name thoughts at this moment? My feet are cold, I’d better put on some socks
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Coffee, wine, water
17. Current worry? The economy and the environment are my constant worries.
18. Current hate right now? People who are not sincere, i.e. two-faced
19. Favorite place to be? Driving through the mountains or standing at a waterfall
20. How did you bring in the New Year? Quietly, and with relief and anticipation
21. Where would you like to go? Yosemite, but I don’t want all those other people around. Perhaps they would close it for one day just for me?
22. Name three people who will complete this? Three fellow grasshopper bloggers
23. Do you own slippers? Yes, but I rarely wear them. I go barefoot or wear slipper socks.
24 What color shirt are you wearing? Green. It’s a Green Bay Packers sweatshirt.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No, and I don't like flannel either.
26. Can you whistle? Yes, and I walk around whistling all the time. It’s so absent minded that my husband will often ask me what tune I was whistling and I hardly ever remember.
27. Favorite Color? Green
28. What songs do you sing in the shower? I take showers only when we are traveling. At home I soak in the tub, turn on the jets, and while songs my run though my mind, I don’t actually sing.
29. Would you be a pirate? No desire whatsoever. How did this question get in here?
30. Favorite Girl's Name? Emily
31. Favorite boy's name? Nicholas
32. What's in your pocket right now? Kleenex and a throat lozenge. I’ve had a cold.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? I laugh a lot, but one of our dogs really cracked me up. We were watching “Best in Show” and they squeaked a doggie toy. Lucy went crazy trying to find it, moving to both sides of the television and looking under the cabinet.
34. What vehicle do you drive? Volvo with all-wheel drive and Turbo
35. Worst injury you've ever had? Broken ankle
36. Do you love where you live? Yes. I can’t imagine a more perfect place for our lifestyle.
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? Three; a flat screen in the great room, a little one on my desk in my study, and a big honking football-watching macho one in the den.

So that's probably more than you wanted to know about me. If you haven't done this one, give it a try. I'd love to read about you.

10 comments:

Tina said...

Carolyn,
These memes are just the thing for these winter days..love your answers..our dogs also catch sounds on tv and react.it is funny to watch! Hope you are feeling better and will be at your fav waterfall soon!

Cedar ... said...

Awwww,... you didn't like "Nancy?" that's my real name,.. I guess I have no feelings one way or another. Hmmm... maybe I do as I chose to be called Cedar in all computer forums and blogs,.. interesting! :)

George said...

Very interesting. I enjoyed learning more about you. Thanks.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Carolyn, Thanks for doing this.. I enjoyed doing it also and I think we learn more about each other this way.

Is there a "Nancy" story in your past--for you to change your name??? Just curious!!!! (Don't answer if you don't want to.)

We do seem to have alot in common --but I wasn't raised nor ever lived in the north. But I do love waterfalls and football. I like hot dogs with slaw also.. AND--George and I love to hike to places without all of the 'tourists' around!!!!

Thanks again for posting this. I loved it.
Hugs,
Betsy

Kim said...

Your bathtub sounds fabulous. I too could soak in the tub for hours. If I had yours, I would be in there all day!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

It's fun to lean these little bits of odd info about each other.
I'm not sure where that pirate question came from either!

Dog_geek said...

How fun! It's neat to read all these little tidbits about people - you never know what kinds of things you might learn!

Jayne said...

That was fun Carolyn!

NCmountainwoman said...

The story of my name change is rather lengthy...perhaps for another post.

Cedar - It had nothing to do with my dislike of "Nancy." In fact, I like the name very much.

Mary said...

I enjoyed it. It's good to know you better, Carolyn.