LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Monday, June 2, 2008

Dog Tired

This afternoon the Golden Girls were tired. They had a long run in the woods in addition to their morning walk. For some reason, Lucy thought the hearth might make a good pillow. It is hard stone. She was sound asleep when I shot this.

I can't imagine that to be comfortable. I should tell you that our Lucy is a real contortionist. Her hind legs are actually turned toward the deck. I must admit, we have been known to call her Lucifer on occasion. But we haven't yet called an exorcist.

3 comments:

The Birdlady said...

The girls are beautiful! I love seeing them.

Mary said...

Carolyn, Lucy is just tired. I think I could do the same sometimes, after a long day... I love your dogs. Seems they are always side by side. Many of us humans can relate to DOG TIRED. Especially lately. :o)

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks, Helen

Mary - Yes, she was so tired she was like a little zombie. She's a little like you in that she goes at full throttle until she is exhausted. Ellie paces herself and rarely gets dog tired.