LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Monday, August 15, 2016

When I Am An Old Woman


I'm sure you have heard the poem "Warning" that begins with
 "When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me."

Photograph from the Internet, not credited.


As I have mentioned before, I think that when I am an old woman I shall talk to Siri and listen to music.  But wait...there is something far more interested and entertaining and way more functional that Siri.  And pretty darned cute as well.

It's a little robot named Zenbo, a real companion.  Zenbo shows movies, plays music, makes emergency phone calls and notifications.  He recognizes faces and can move around the house and  monitor your home.  He talks to you., listens to you, and connects to most of the electronics in your home.  He will read a book for you or tell you a recipe aloud while you cook.

NOTE:  The following photographs are from the Zenbo Website (here)

He will work as your TV remote, following your verbal commands.  And he will move around wherever you tell him to go.


He's such a cute little guy and will entertain little ones and old ones alike.






He will remind you to take your medicine.



I figure that by the time I need a robot there will be even more improvements.  I will not likely join a Red Hat Society and may not even wear purple and red and I certainly won't gobble up samples in shops, but I may wear terrible shirts and grow fat.

But I am so getting one of these little guys for a companion in my dotage.  My husband will still be a companion of sorts, but he won't read to me or answer my silly questions or play music for me.  But this little Zenbo will do all these things and smile while he's doing them.  I'm beginning to look forward to it.

[DISCLAIMER:  I have no incentive for sharing this information except that I love this little guy and thought you might be interested.  The company has never heard of me, much less compensated me.]




9 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Can a robot look cute?

Well YES !
I have to say that Zenbo does indeed look cute!

Lovely post, thank you

All the best Jan

Ms. A said...

I'd need one that could grocery shop and clean house!

Busy Bee Suz said...

How cool is that? And....he's cute to boot! He'd be a lot of fun to have around; but I'm wondering what Lucy would think?

Anonymous said...

I love this little Zenbo the robot. I think I'd like to have one in about ten years. Although, I will probably be wearing purple and red while this guy reads to me and tells me stories!

Vicki Lane said...

That's amazing! Something to look forward to? Could be very useful. But will you smoke a big cigar?

Nance said...

I remember both of my sons wanting toy robots when they were little. Back then it was My Pal 2 and 2XL. Previous to them, it was Teddy Ruxpin. Robots are fascinating. I would still like a Roomba, myself. Anything that gets me out of vacuuming!

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone.

Suz - Not at all sure Lucy would like it.

Vicki - I may not smoke a cigar. But you never know.

Nance - For my kids it was Alphie. We thought it was amazing. I have mixed feelings about Roomba so I'll just keep on vacuuming until I win the lottery and hire a housekeeper.

Arkansas Patti said...

Ooh, I want one and he comes with a reasonable price tag.

The Bug said...

I love it!! Mike & I would definitely enjoy something like that :)

Last Friday I went to our Delaware office to work & then attend a departmental BBQ at my boss's house. She has Alexa & my coworkers had a HOOT telling Alexa different music to play. Mike said, "Alexa, play Beethoven!" and some children's song came on - ha!