LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Monday, February 21, 2011

All the Days are Golden

Thanks for your positive thoughts for our injured player.  I am pleased to report that he is well on the road to recovery.  We couldn't be happier with his progress.  In no time at all he will be hiking the trails and life will return to our normal here in the mountains...and life is indeed better in the mountains.

Every February I keep a careful watch on one of my favorite plants.  Arnold's Promise is a beautiful witch hazel that brings bright golden blossoms here in the dead of winter.  The blossoms are a cure for the winter doldrums.  I cannot tell you what uplifting sight it is.  This February magic never fails to excite me.  As an added treat, the refreshing aroma fills the air with the slightest breeze.  When I open the front door I can smell the witch hazel and every year it is a breath-taking moment.

In addition to such a great outcome for the injured player, and Arnold's Promise fulfilled once again, we have had several days of record-breaking warm and sunny weather.  Life is good.  So very good.


















We set up a temporary office for the injured player in the dining room.  The Golden Girls have maintained faithful vigil.  No matter where he chooses to sit Nurse Ellie and Nurse Lucy lie as near to him as possible, alert to his every need.  [OK, they are at least there if not so alert.]



We feel truly blessed with every single golden day.  In fact, even the cloudy days are golden to us right now.

22 comments:

The Bug said...

I'm so glad things are going well! No blooming things for us just yet - but today it's pouring rain instead of snowing, so I guess that's something!

Those girls are so cute - and nappish! Make me want to crawl under my desk for a snooze...

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Glad things are going well with your hubby, Carolyn... I'm sure you and the Goldens have taken good care of him.
Hugs,
Betsy

cyclopseven said...

Gud to hear things are on the right track. Love and regards from this stranger. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Good to see the golden girls are tending to their duties of the heart. And, glad for the update on your husband's progress. All good news.

We had six weeks of balmy spring weather, and then suddenly a storm blew in and brought winter back with it. Pow. No power for 24 hours and eight inches of powder on the ground. Makes feeding the birds a little trickier, but they learn quickly. Enjoy the warms spells while you have them.

troutbirder said...

I'm so glad to read this good news, Carolyn. And happy to find you back online. :)

Vicki Lane said...

Wonderful that things are looking golden again! We have a winter jasmine just now venturing into bloom -- so nice to see.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

I hope the recovery process goes smoothly for everyone concerned. It is good to see that you have something blooming to brighten your winter days. I can't wait to see the first spring blooms, it has been a long and tiresome winter!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

So glad to hear that your "injured player" is on the road to recovery. No surprise ... goldens are good for the soul and the body.

Nothing's blooming here ... everything's still brown, but at least the snow has all melted. And it was 70 yesterday, so we opened the windows to let in some fresh air.

Have a marvelous Monday.

How Sam Sees It said...

At least they will make sure he doesn't get up quickly! We hope he has a speedy recovery!

Sam

Cicero Sings said...

Good to hear from you and to hear you are feeling so blessed! Here's to Golden Moments!

Busy Bee Suz said...

SO happy that he is recovering well!!!
I think the girls should get credit for 'thinking' about helping out.
Take care, Suz

Toni aka irishlas said...

I'm glad to hear things are going well and that he has such attentive nurses!

We had a brief warm up also, but, snow in the forcast for tonight. I'll have to be content looking at your photos of the witch hazel for now :)

Karin said...

Your place looks lovely! We're still snow covered! Glad your injured player is recuperating and all is good. Great that you've been able to give primary care!! All the best!

Karin said...

Your place looks lovely! We're still snow covered! Glad your injured player is recuperating and all is good. Great that you've been able to give primary care!! All the best!

Rudee said...

It's so nice to hear that recovery is advancing.

I love your nursing staff!

carolina nana said...

So glad things are going well for him,I'm sure that's because he has a great nurse by his side at all times !!
Isn't this weather great, it was 73 degrees here today and is still 62 at 10:00 tonight,wow .
Have a blessed tomorrow.
MArilyn

Jayne said...

I've kept the injured player in the Prayers of the People at church for weeks and am so happy to hear things continue to go along smashingly! :c) Love to you and yours!

Carolina Linthead said...

So good to "see" you again! I'm so very glad that the recovery goes well, and that our beautiful mountains are treating you courteously here in late February. Oh, and Best. Nursing. Staff. Ever!

Melissa Weisbard said...

I'm glad he is on the mend. Healing after surgery takes time.

I'm soooo ready for spring. We had some lovely spring-like weather the past week and now we are back into more typical winter weather. I hope the groundhog was correct this year and we have an early spring. It is time for winter and I to part ways.

Lola said...

I'm so glad things are better with your mate. I know you feel better too.
It's good he has company close by.

KB said...

I love hearing you sound so very happy. I need some of that Arnold's Promise! It seems to have put you on cloud nine!

I'm so happy that the injured player's surgery went well and he's on the hiking trail to health again. I'm sure that Lucy and Ellie will tend to his every need so your nursing is no longer needed :)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm also glad to hear the good news and will continue to send healing thoughts, energy and prayers in your direction!!

Take care!!