LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, September 25, 2015

We Love Lucy


What a busy week it has been.  And it is ending on a beautiful note with a very nice constant rain, just the kind we need for our trees.

Lucy had her annual physical which always exhausts her.  I'm not certain if it's the effect of the immunizations or the stress of being at the veterinarian's office, but she is lethargic the rest of the day.  We always try to make her appointments in the afternoons so she will at least have her morning stress free.  The doctor pronounced her very healthy and commented on her svelte figure and solid muscles.  "Perfection," he commented, and my husband broke into a broad grin.

Cuddling with her bee and bone pillows, she snoozed until dinnertime.


 Pope Francis has made quite an impression on all Americans with his humility and kindness.  I especially loved that when he asked for prayers from the faithful, he also asked those who cannot or do not pray to wish him well.

We lost a baseball legend this week.  Yogi Berra was a hero of mine when I was a child. (Wish I'd saved the baseball cards.)  He died last week, but his words will live on.

 My favorite Yogism

We are entering the first full week of Autumn.  I hope it is a wonderful one for all of you and all of those you love.


HAVE A MOST WONDERFUL WEEKEND, EVERYONE AND A GREAT WEEK TO COME.

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know that Lucy is doing so well. That's really wonderful news. It may be autumn somewhere, but here in southern California where we are visiting my mom, it is hot hot hot. Temps in the 90s and no end in sight. Enjoy the cool beautiful wet fall there!

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, So glad Lucy's appointment went so well! I so well remember how good fried chicken was-we don't eat it now,but I sure loved it! My dad also made steak and french fries once a week-oh his steak was cooked so perfectly. I'm getting hungry just thinking about those meals. Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Noreen

Cheryl said...

Dear Lucy.....I believe some dogs just find the procedure exhausting. Nella dislikes going to the vets and changes into a dog I really do not know :)

So glad she is fit and healthy.....log may it last.

The pope seems to have a great following............it is good to see peace in times of such hostility.

Arkansas Patti said...

Congrats on Lucy's great check up. Nice that the vet realizes that the owners are also responsible for the dog's health. Too many folks "treat" their dogs into ill health.
What is not to like about this Pope? He really sets the bar high for us all.
I was never a Yankee fan but always a Yogi fan. Would have loved to have spent time with that adorable, interesting man.

Carolina Linthead said...

Glad Lucy is healthy! About the only thing I hear negatively about the Pope is that he is not a feminist. True, but he is not God's attack dog, either...far, far from it! He is challenging all of us to be more like Jesus in our daily lives, no matter our religious beliefs or perspectives. And so I side with him, as I do with the rebel from Nazareth who preached the heresy of love. We're sure going to miss Yogi, but his words will live forever, and we will chuckle at them to the end of our days :)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

It's always good to hear from an expert how you think/know your girl is doing, and I'm glad that it was a good report! My dogs always get worn out from the vet too, it is tiring, and I think being out of their routine even for a afternoon does tire them out!

I've watched with a lot of interest the Pope's visit this week. While I am not Catholic, I've found myself humbled by his example and words. I hope they are taken to heart, and not forgotten.

KB said...

I'm glad that Lucy is doing so well although I'm sorry that the vaccines make her so tired. Just going to the vet is tiring for almost all dogs so I hope she bounces right back!

The Pope certainly has made a big impression here. I think he's courageous in a lot of ways. As you might guess, I wish the Catholic Church would go further but I think that Pope Francis is taking a huge step in the right direction. I wonder what role meeting the Pope played in Boehner's decision to resign. The Pope certainly had some directly relevant things to say to Congress about the huge divide between our parties.

Have a great weekend!

Ms. A said...

Poor Lucy, all worn out. Glad she is healthy, but it wouldn't surprise me if the vaccinations didn't play a part in the exhaustion, too.

Vicki Lane said...

Fascinating to speculate on what Boehner was thinking as the Pope spoke. The Pope's agenda is pretty much the opposite of Boehner's party's agenda.

The Bug said...

I love seeing Lucy with her bone & bee pillows - makes me smile every time!

I LOVE this Pope! Sadly I have some conservative evangelical (protestant) friends who are still anti-Catholic & can't seem to hear his message :(

KGMom said...

Yes, a momentous week indeed.
And I agree with your order--first Lucy's health.

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone.