LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, August 1, 2014

We Love Lucy


Our much cooler than normal weather continues, now mixed with thunderstorms.  Lucy has managed to get to the park almost every day and runs and runs and runs.

Whereas Ellie always stopped and posed for me, Lucy tries to avoid the camera.  We laugh about the fact that she hardly looks at me when I want to take her picture.  Perhaps she has heard the legends about photographs capturing some of one's spirit.

Purposefully ignoring me




 And staring into space




 Pretending there is something of interest under this bush


 Our world is in turmoil right now.  We desperately need to see change in our own country and around the world.  More of us need to step up and get more involved.



Another quote for today comes from my favorite Lennon song:

"Imagine all the people living life in peace.
You...
You may say I'm a dreamer,
But I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us,
And the world will be as one."

Amid the suffering sent by Nature and by people, we should pause to think of our neighbor.  And not just our neighbor next door or in our town, or in our state, or in our country.  Do whatever you can do to help those in need.


HAVE A WONDERFUL AND SAFE WEEKEND, EVERYONE


14 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Glad Lucy has been able to get her walks in lately despite your rain. We haven't had much rain at all--and need some!!! BUT--I still enjoy these cooler temperatures.

Yes, the world is a MESS --but most Americans don't seem to care or notice.. Very SAD.
Hugs,
Betsy

Cheryl said...

Lucy, you are just too funny.
I have a Grandson just like you :)

I a member of several charities.....there is so much we can do, if only by the written word, Too often people turn a blind eye, they care, but do not want to get involved.

If woman ruled the world, it may possibly be a better place.
I am not a feminist but I do actually believe that ...

Have a great weekend, with the lovely lucy......

Anonymous said...

Lucy is so cute! I love how she avoids the camera.

The world really is a mess. Seven billion people and all needing the same resources. Not sure how that's going to work out, but I suspect it won't be peaceful.

wildcatwoods said...

Some of my cats do what Lucy does - avoid the camera. Funny.

You are so right about the world - all we can do is help those near us and send out positive thoughts to the rest of those in need.

Carolina Mountains

Barbara Rogers said...

I love that quote! Thanks.

Carolina Linthead said...

Beautiful sentiments and a great call to action. If not us, who will be the change? If not now, when? I love your willful dog...protecting her soul from that camera. so cute!

The Bug said...

Oh that Lucy - she is NOT going to be called a camera hog, that's for sure :)

I so often despair of the craziness of the world - I almost want to just retreat from it. Instead I'll just keep trying to do my little part.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I wish our world was a better place right now too.
I love Lucy too!

Arkansas Patti said...

Sadly too many people are content to let someone else do it. That leaves an awful burden for the young folks today.
So glad Lucy's only concern is staying out of the camera's range.

How Sam Sees It said...

Isn't that funny how they do that? Harlow and Angel Sam would always smile at the camera, but Monty has gone as far as shutting his eyes.

Monty and Harlow

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

We have a couple of pups that won't look at the camera either, and Sunny as you know runs when he sees it. At least your sweet girl will let you take her photo!

No truer and more perfect words at the end of your post!!

troutbirder said...

Thanks for the reminder, Carolyn. Some nights I can hardly stand to watch the news....:(

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone. And thanks for your sentiments. Now if we can just get more people on board...

Regenia said...

Of our three "grandpuppies" two actually pose for the camera. The third less frequently looks directly at the camera.