LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, March 1, 2013

Fridays are Golden


March is trying to decide whether to come in as a lion or as a lamb.  The weather has been dreary most of the week with only one sunny day.  Today is cooler than average and the clouds look as if they will deliver rain or snow to us.

Lucy seems completely recovered from her severe muscle strain and is really anxious to romp and run.  Today is the final day of her restrictions and all of us will be glad.  She is one antsy dog.  The veterinarian gave us pills to have in reserve if she re-injures the back as she becomes more active.  Oh, we hope not.


When can I go out and play?




The usual snooze photograph.


This week's quote is from Anne Morrow Lindberg:

"The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere."

Wow!  I'm going to have to feel a bit more sympathy with Congress.  They must be totally exhausted maintaining all that insincerity.  (You HAVE written your Senators and Representatives, haven't you?)


HAVE A WONDERFUL, SINCERE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!



12 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh --Poor Lucy... BUT--sounds like she is on the mend.. Hope she doesn't re-injure her leg...

Love your Goldens. Every single time I see a Golden Retriever I think of you and your beauties..

We had snow yesterday morning (not much) --and even less this morning... The weather here has been fairly mild this winter--although we've had quite a bit of rain.

Hugs,
Betsy

The Bug said...

Pretty girls as usual. I love Lucy looking longingly out the window.

And I love the quote & your response. Ha!

Anonymous said...

March came in at 70 degrees today! That's crazy warm, but we don't mind. It's been record-breaking dry since the beginning of the year too.

Love seeing your golden girls!

Taradharma said...

tomorrow is Lucy's day of liberation! Wa-Hoo.

And AML is absolutely correct.

Have a lovely weekend with your girls.

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Poor Lucy, She really wants to go out and how do you say no to that adorable face.
Sam

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

It's feeling more like January here today, and I'm secretly hoping that maybe we have a little bit of snow this week--I may feel differently if it happens though! :-)

But I'm glad your girl is feeling better and I hope it continues!!

Vicki Lane said...

Who was it said, 'If you can fake sincerity, you've got it made.' You know that's got to be wearing.

KB said...

Yes, Congress must be completely exhausted... Hrumph.

troutbirder said...

Such a wonderful writer that Ann. Her husband not my favorite though even if he was a Minnesotan...:(

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone.

Betsy - We had snow as well. About 2 inches. But it warmed up to 45 and it all left quickly.

Robin - Wow! Like you I have come to take the weather as it is. Enjoy the warm days.

Troutbirder - I absolutely agree. Much as I love Ann, I'm not at all fond of her husband.

Busy Bee Suz said...

So hard for Lucy...she wants to run! I imagine you sending her out the door saying; "be free, be free!"
or if you are thinking of me at all: "bee free, bee free!"
LOL.
I do hope she does not re-injure herself. Love that quote....you find some goodies.
XO

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

I should write them, though being in SC I feel it falls on deaf ears.