LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Collections Part Two

Many years ago our son gave us one of the Byers' Carolers.  She was a nurse like me.  The following year he gave us a doctor like my husband.  We like them so much that we started buying others ourselves and before long we had quite a collection.

We were delighted when Byers offered the Christmas Carol collection.  We love the story and watch the DVD every Christmas Eve.  We have several DVDs of the story, but our favorite is one that was originally a made-for-television movie.  George C. Scott plays the role of Scrooge, and the film has the best Tiny Tim ever.  He is so frail, so angelic.  (The link is here)



The ghost of Jacob Marley visits Scrooge and foretells the three spirits.





 The Ghost of Christmas Past takes Scrooge to his past.  They watch Mr. and Mrs. Fezziwig dancing.







The Ghost of Christmas Present takes Scrooge to the home of Bob Cratchett.





 The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come silently shows Scrooge his own death and burial.



We haven't bought any of the Carolers for several years.  We have them displayed in three areas of the house.  Maybe we should look for more.

11 comments:

animal lover, quilt lover said...

I guess my Mom and Dad raised a child without Christmas. I tried hard to give my boys a good Christmas. I did the best I could!! It was hard to do without training!!! Glad for you !!!
Are strawberries have been the best buy we have ever made. We bought one plant and now we have 255 plants and eat strawberries everyday!!!
Merry Christmas to you...

Boondocks Love Shack Pack said...

Hoping there is a part three, four and five at least. We're enjoying these pieces!!

AROOOOOF!
Boondocks & The Love Shack Pack

Rudee said...

Oh, they're lovely collections. I think you should look for more.

Ms. A said...

I have a question and since it is going to sound SO off the wall, I'm going to email it, rather than be embarrassed to ask it in a comment.

Taradharma said...

ok, now we all want to know what this off-the-wall question is!

Love seeing your collections. More, please! Just think, you can pass them down to the grandchildren...and they, theirs. Oh, the stories.

My grandmother gave my daughter a perfect little fairy tree ornament every year for 12 years. She died before she could complete the collection, so, for several years I wrapped the new ornament and addressed it "from Gigi in Heaven." Now my daughter, a mother herself, has her 12 fairies on her tree. A true gift from a very thoughtful great grandmother.

Tipper said...

Love the carolers! One of my friends has 3 of them-she would love to have the others you have.

Ginnie said...

I've never seen them before nor heard of Byers' figurines. Thanks for the pictures and for teaching me something new.

Arkansas Patti said...

I have never seen them and they are really amazing. Hope you can keep the collection going.

Vicki Lane said...

I love seeing you collections -- so much fun when they are truly collected -- a bit at a time.

KB said...

Like others, I've never heard of these figurines. It's so fun seeing how you've set them up show classic scenes. What fun!

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is a really cool and unusual collection!!! It is great that your Son started it for you both!
I took Linds last year to see a live play of A Christmas Carol; it was amazing!