LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, June 10, 2011

Fridays are Golden

I hope you aren't looking for action shots of the Golden Girls.  There is little action from them during this heat wave.  Strong afternoon thunderstorms have no effect on the temperature...just raise the humidity to almost intolerable levels.  The  heat wave seems to be hanging all over the eastern part of the United States.



Want me to fluff up your pillow Lucy?





Maybe if I just lie here she will go away.





Two gloomy Goldens lament the rain.  (But we humans are grateful for every drop.)




 I have to say, her head is not as good a pillow but it will have to do.  Yeah, I know there is another bed just like this one not two feet away.  But it has no pillow.


I can't believe it's Friday again.  Our lives have been in slow motion all week so how did time pass by so quickly?  I think we must be getting old.

The words of wisdom this Friday come from a rather unusual source.  It's printed on one of my husband's tee shirts:

ADVICE FROM THE MOUNTAINS

Get to the point
Reach for new heights
Rise above it all
There is beauty as far as the eye can see
Be uplifting
Patience, Patience, Patience
Enjoy the view


I hope this is a good weekend for all of us, especially those who are facing great challenges in their lives.

HAVE A WONDERUL WEEKEND, EVERY ONE OF YOU!

13 comments:

The Bug said...

Oh I can SO relate to your dogs! Although I would probably be laying flat out sprawled on the wooden floor instead of on a pillow (or my sister).

Ms. A said...

We need the rain, but no more heat and humidity. Gawd it's hot! Stay cool, any way you can.

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I love your girls-so adorable!!!! We had very nice weather for about a week and then Wed. got rain, hail and lightning-made me concerned about tornados.
Glad the humidity helps make the heat a bit more bearable.
Happy Weekend.

Rudee said...

I know just how they must feel. I will say, it's gotten much colder her today, so I welcome a snuggle with the dog.

Carolina Linthead said...

So cute! I feel bad for the girls...and y'all. It's not supposed to be this hot, here or there. We're getting a break soon, Rudee's cooler air swinging down our way. Hope you get some relief!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Half our crew doesn't want to go outside--Today when I got home from work, Hamlet just stood there at the door and turned around to go back in, I didn't want to drag him out, so I picked him up and carried him outside--I don't like to force him to do something he doesn't want to, but I know he was glad I did! :-))

Stay cool and enjoy your weekend!

kks said...

Such sweet pup shots! We went from 100 degrees to 65 in one night.....thankful for A/C, but much prefer cool breezes!
A wonder weekend to you too!
xoxo

troutbirder said...

Hangin around. That's what we did midweek when it hit 97. Good news though yesterday it had dropped forty degrees. Methinks it heading your way, Carolyn. Tell the girls it will be getting better. :)

D.K. Wall said...

What amazes me is how no matter hot it is, they still want to lie touching each other (or, in your case, on top of each other).

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is an awesome T-Shirt saying!
I often feel like your girls...a slug moving in slow motion.
Is it almost fall????

How Sam Sees It said...

I'm surprised they can cuddle like that in this heat!

Sam

Berts Blog said...

What pretty golden girls. I wish you lived closer cause I would be happy to take the girls for a hike in our mountains.

We have been really lucky with weather the last few weeks and it is just about perfect here. in the low 70's.

Not braggin, just great ful we are not having to deal with the temps you are.

Love
Bert

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone.

Bug - Me too

Ms. A - There doesn't seem to be much of a break in the next few days.

Linthead - Send the leftover cool to our neck of the woods.

kks - We also keep the air on when it is this hot. Like you I much prefer the breeze through open windows.

Troutbirder - I know that was awful. Milwaukee had three consecutive days exceeding 90. And in early June!

Herd - I agree, but we do have the air conditioner on so maybe that's why they forget about the heat once they are indoors.

Bert - Thanks, the girls think they are lovely as well. We do get out hiking in our mountains but they can't tolerate long hikes when the weather is this bad.