LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Treat Yourself

Did you know:

Influenza is a very serious contagious disease? And that many strains of the flu can be prevented with vaccination?

On average, every year in the United States more than two hundred thousand people are hospitalized from complications of the flu. More than 20,000 of them are children under the age of five. On average, thirty-six thousand people in the United States die from influenza every year.

If you haven't gotten a flu shot yet, it's not too late. You do not need a physician's order and there are multiple flu-shot clinics held everywhere. Most drug stores also offer flu shots. [Be sure to check with your physician if you have any concerns about whether you should be vaccinated.] There are very few complications from the vaccine, and so many reasons to get your flu shot.

So treat yourself, your family, and everyone with whom you come in contact. And get your flu shot. It's a no-brainer!

( I do not know the origin of this photograph. It was sent to me by a friend. Could have been any number of people in my area.)

When you get your flu shot, you might want to think about going to one of the "early voting" stations in your area and cast your ballot. Can you believe Election Day is only a week away?

9 comments:

cyclopseven said...

this is great service too, Carolyn:).

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

No, I can't believe the 'real' election day is so close.......I'm glad I got my voting done earlier!

That photo is hilarious :o)

KGMom said...

I hope to be getting my flu shot at Costc* this weekend.
As for early voting--sigh--if only PA had such a thing!
Oh -- love the spelling error on the "moran" sign. Talk about being moronic!

Dog_geek said...

Thanks for the reminder. I have never gotten a flu shot before, (it's that needle phobia thing) and Mr. Geek always yells at me about it. This year I have sworn that I'm actually going to do it. We can get them at our local Kroger.

I'm not even sure if we can vote early - I am just too excited about going to the polls and casting my vote on election day.

Love the guy with the sign. What a maroon! ;o)

Cheryl said...

I am still trying to convince my mother to have the flu jab....I fail every year......but my Dad has had his (well done Dad).

I feel as though I should be voting in your election....it gets such a lot of coverage in the UK....

Shelley said...

Thank you for the reminder!! I'm going to get mine this week!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

We had to go twice (long line the first time)--but we voted on 10/22. I'm glad that Tennessee has early voting. I'd hate to stand in line next Tuesday!!!! Great suggestion about the flu shot also!!! Thanks

Jayne said...

Indeed, it's a small thing that can prevent pure agony. I've only had influenza once, but I was wishing I was 6 feet under I felt so horribly. Just do it. :c)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Carolyn: Sorri, speling have nevre ben my bestest suubject. Alredy has gotten mi flew shot anywoys.