LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, January 3, 2014

We Love Lucy



Lucy seems to be getting happier and more frisky.  While I am sure she still misses Ellie (don't we all?) she is more playful and is her old super excited self when my husband takes her for a ride.

I think it helped a great deal that our daughter was here over Christmas.  One more person to pet and fawn over her, and that's what Lucy adores.  It was hard for our daughter as she had to grieve once more over Ellie's sudden death.  The news was bad enough for her in Milwaukee, but being here in the house without Ellie brought more pain.  Ellie loved our daughter so much and sat by her side when she was here.

We are delighted that Lucy is so much improved.  Whatever the reason we are glad to see her more like her old self.


She looks like the princess she believes herself to be.

As you go about this new year, please continue to send messages to the Deity of your choice for the health of a brave young man awaiting a heart transplant.  HERE  The son of a fellow blogger, he has not had a good 2013 so please send thoughts that 2014 will bring him a new heart and good health.

Our quote for this week comes from the Buddha.  May our elected leaders follow it:

There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.


MAY THIS FIRST WEEKEND OF 2014 BE A GOOD ONE FOR ALL OF YOU.  YOUR SLATE IS CLEAN.
 
 
 


14 comments:

How Sam Sees It said...

Hugs to Lucy! It takes time, doesn't it? Sending hugs!

Monty and Harlow

Carolina Linthead said...

She IS every bit the princess, isn't she? Beautiful...and here's to new beginnings!

Lise said...

Lucy looks beautiful, happy to hear she is feeling better...loss is difficult for all creatures, great and small.

Healing thoughts for the young man waiting for a new heart. And thank you for that quote, it's lovely.

Peace, good health and prosperity to you and your family!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I will add Michael to my prayer list.
Lucy is a princess….I'm a firm believer. :)
Have a great weekend; stay warm!
XO

Arkansas Patti said...

I am glad Lucy is adjusting to her loss. Dogs do grieve also. I've seen it many times.
That young man is still in my prayers and will continue to be till he gets his new heart. I am praying for soon.

Anonymous said...

So good to see Lucy feeling more like herself. She is such a beauty.

Sending best wishes to Michael for a new heart. Hopefully he'll be restored to good health soon.

KB said...

Princess Lucy - I like how that sounds. I'm happy that she has a little spring in her step.

I love the Buddha quote.

Ms. A said...

She looks wonderful! Glad to hear she is getting back to more of her old self.

Thank you so much for all the support, woman. Love ya!

KGMom said...

I love Lucy too.
And I am so glad to read that her perkiness is returning. May it come back in full bloom.
Also glad you have family with you for Christmas. Nothing like extra people attention to perk up a dog.
HAPPY NEW YEAR.

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I'm so glad that Lucy is adjusting to life without Ellie. I'm sure she is learning that being the only pup has some benefits. I know that you all still miss Ellie so much and I'm sure have continued to shed tears but before you know it, you will smile at the memories.
Lots of hugs to you all.
Noreen

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice to read the positive news about Lucy and yourselves as well, remembering but healing, and looking forward to a better new year ahead. We will also add Michael to our prayer list.

~ Kirra ~ said...

Lucy certainly has a regal status and with such a pose - she would indeed attract attention.

Blessings to you all.

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks for your comments everyone. We are indeed glad to see our Lucy more active and happy.

The Bug said...

Lovely Lucy... I'm sure it was also very hard for you to watch your daughter's fresh grief. Much love to all of you.