LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, October 18, 2013

Fridays Are Golden


Finally we have a temporary resolution of the government shutdown.  One of my friends has been paying her daughter's mortgage since she works for the TSA.  She is glad that she is able to do that, yet so sorry for those who do not have that backup.  Our national forests and parks are open.  We've had some rain and now expecting sunshine.  So life is good.

I do wish our leaders in government could work together like our two Golden Girls.  They are often in tandem.


Together they look at something (real or imagined) below the deck.

 
 
 
And they are always together for an after-walk treat.

 
 
 
One of them saw something on the deck so both must investigate.
 

 
 
 
They wait together for my husband to get up.
It's dinnertime and my husband put his book aside.

 
 
We have some color although I don't think it's going to be as splendid as in years past.  But it is gorgeous enough.  We don't have to go far...just look out the windows into the woods.  Or, go out the front door and walk to the street.
 

Autumn comes to our street.


I won't be posting for a couple of weeks.  We're having a special guest who loves these mountains as much as we do.  So we will be hitting the road, following the color and the roads wherever they lead us.

Once again our quote is from Marcus Aurelius:

"Accept the thing to which fate binds you and love the people whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart."

In the midst of this divisive nation, let's be accepting and loving.  With all our hearts.



HAVE A SAFE AND WONDERFUL WEEKEND, EVERYONE!!!

16 comments:

The Bug said...

It's pretty up here too - not spectacular, but very fall anyway :)

Have a great time with your guest!

Vicki Lane said...

I'd vote for the girls -- but then I AM a Yellow Dog Democrat. Have fun on your break!

Carolina Linthead said...

Ha! You beat me to it, Vicki! I would definitely vote for the girls...I love them so. Enjoy our mountains in autumn, dear friend!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the time with your friend. I am already looking forward to your return. I'm sure there will be plenty of stories and pictures. Have fun!

kks said...

beautifully said! the girls are beautiful as always....the colors glow...have a wonderful couple weeks!
xoxo

Tara said...

my dad went to a Quaker meeting last week where they asked for prayers for various members of Congress. No judgement, just prayers.

Ms. A said...

Wish I was there to hit the road with you. Enjoy!

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Your girls are the image that I wish our government would portray-cooperation. Love your photos; hope the colors become vibrant when you are off on your adventure. Have fun-we will miss you!
Hugs, Noreen

Arkansas Patti said...

Well your friends are coming at a pretty time. Enjoy your company and we will see you when you get back.

D.K. Wall said...

This is the perfect time of year to take a little blogging break and enjoy our beautiful mountains.

Busy Bee Suz said...

If I could walk your streets daily....oh, that would be lovely. WHAT a view!!
Have a great visit with your friend and hug those girls.
XO

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Seems that animals often have the better ways as Ellie and Lucy show in this post. Glad the USA is finally open again too. Wishing you colorful and fun adventures and safe travels.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I totally agree with your thoughts about the govt. learning to work together--All they've done is kick that proverbial can down the road, and I so hope we're not doing this again next year.

But I so hope you enjoy your fall travels, the color is really starting to appear here as well--My favorite time of the year.

Take care!

KB said...

Your pair sure does look like they do everything in tandem! I wish that our government could be as collegial as your girls. Maybe they should run for office :)

Enjoy those fall colors with your friend!

JeanMac said...

Enjoy your company! I always love the pics of the girls - I swear they can talk!

Ginnie said...

You should take your girls to Washington and show our elected servants how to get along !