LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, October 4, 2013

Fridays Are Golden

 
 
 
October has arrived, bringing another week of gorgeous weather.  That will change soon, but we enjoy it while we can.  The girls are active and happy when the weather is cooler.  They often wrestle and romp.  It's hard to tell what starts the fracus, but suddenly one will look at the other and so the fun begins.
 
 
This one starts with a chase, Ellie after Lucy.

 
 
 
They make awful faces and bare their teeth.

 
 
 
Ellie's ears always end up wet.

 
 
 
They do a lot of circling.

And suddenly, as if on signal, the match is ended with no victor.  It's simply over as quickly as it began.

The quote for the week comes from Mohatma Gandhi:

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?"

This week many favorite annual Autumn activities around here are canceled because they take place in a national forest.  Let's hope this is the last weekend our government is shut down.


HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND, EVERYONE!!!
 
 



13 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Love seeing your girls playing bitey face. Hunter is getting groomed today and thankfully no family pups coming for the weekend-I do like him to stay clean for a week at least. We are having cold, winter type weather so are staying inside today. Sorry your forest is shut down.
Hugs today.
Noreen

The Bug said...

I love those pictures of the girls - they look like they're having the best time!

Vicki Lane said...

Great pictures -- and an extremely appropriate quote for the day.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Those girls know how to enjoy some good clean fun....and getting exercise at the same time!
Enjoy your weekend!
Suz

Tara said...

great action shots! I took my tiny dog for a very long walk today and she is completely exhausted. My crazy plan worked!

Someone sent me a notice about "Occupy Yosemite" to protest the shut down, but I can't buy into it -- why stress the rangers out even more? They did cause the problem. I think a march on DC would be a much better idea.

Have a great weekend!

Tara said...

oops, I mean, the rangers DIDN'T cause the problem....Friday brain....

Arkansas Patti said...

I mean, who has more fun then those gals? They must be a delight to watch as they play. You must smile a lot.

kks said...

one of the many joys of dogs! watching them romp and play!!
xoxo

Ms. A said...

I need all the smiles I can find and your girls never fail to bring one!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What fun!!Watching the pups play really does make you forget your woes, doesn't it?

Ginnie said...

I agree ...these last weeks have been wonderful...so glad your girls are taking advantage of the good weather.

Carolina Linthead said...

Slobbery nibbles on the ears...sounds like "I love you" to me :-)

KB said...

I love seeing your girls play. What a happy pair who clearly adore each other. It makes me smile.

It's odd - our National Forest is mostly not affected by the shutdown (although many parts are closed due to the flood disaster). I guess each ranger district makes its own decisions.