LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Right in our own Back Yard

In our backyard, some of the trees have faces.  Because they make us smile.





In our backyard we have rock cairns.  Because we like them.




In our backyard we have two piles of brush.  Because the birds and animals like them.





In our backyard we have Mountain Laurel tunnels.  Because we like to walk under the canopy when they are blooming.





In our backyard we have benches and tables made from fallen trees.  Because we like to sit by the little stream.





In our backyard we have comfortable chairs down in the woods.  Because we like to sit there and listen to the birds or watch the dogs at play.



We feel very fortunate in having a wooded backyard with a little creek.  Our Wisconsin backyard was professionally landscaped with lots of grass, trees, and planted flowers and shrubs.  It was lovely and high maintenance.  Now our backyard is landscaped by Mother Nature (with a few additions of our own).  It is lovely and low maintenance.  And we love it.

24 comments:

Tucker The Crestie said...

It's beautiful!

Golden Daily Scoop said...

OK, your backyard is WAY better than ours! Thx for sharing!!

Berts Blog said...

Oh boy, that is beautiful, can we have a replay in the spring too

LoieJ said...

One of the smartest things I did in the last couple of years is to put some old chairs way on the other side of the yard, so I can sit and see the river. Now I go there, even for 10 minutes, without having to drag out the furniture, or sit on the damp ground, which I usually didn't do. Sometimes I grab a sandwich and go sit for just awhile.

The Bug said...

I love your back yard!!

Cheryl said...

And I think it is absolutely beautiful.....a creek, I felt a tinge of envy when I read that.
Time to dream Cheryl......

Tku for sharing your space, I am so glad you did because it really made me smile :)

Taradharma said...

you have a perfect backyard!! I love the tunnel of mountain laurel....gosh, I love it all.

annbumbly said...

We live on a pond. I know what you're writing about. Beautiful! Love rock cairns.

Anonymous said...

Lovely backyard you have there. Landscaped by nature is the best (with a little assistance, of course!).

Arkansas Patti said...

I much prefer Mom Natures hand at decorating. She was the first and the best.
My property in Florida was natural, this place was a former pasture and so void of any plants that I have had to add.
I too have a brush pile for the birds.

Ms. A said...

Lucky you! Beautiful yard!

Karin said...

Perfection! Would love to see the Mountain Laurel canopy!

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

I am in awe of that Mountain Laurel tunnel!!

kks said...

perfect! 80 degrees here today!
xoxo

Golden Samantha said...

We love every inch of your "back yard!" And we know the dogs must LOVE everything out there - our doggehs would especially love the stream!
Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie and Avalon

My Mind's Eye said...

What a lovely backyard you have!!
I can nearly smell the mountain laurel.
Hugs Madi

Rudee said...

You have Ents in your own backyard! Lucky you.

Mary Lee said...

I would love to walk through the mountain laurels. Heck, I would love to GROW the mountain laurels!

Ruth said...

I love your yard. Ours is far to much maintenance.

Vicki Lane said...

I like what you like!

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone.

PS - Yes, only ten minutes or so can be very refreshing.

Rudee - But I can't get them to talk, much less carry me across the mountains.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Yes, you are very fortunate!
I love your no-fuss back yard...Mother Nature can be the best (and cheapest) landscaper!

Barb said...

Your back yard is something like my own. My tree nymph is Waldo - does yours have a name? Enjoy your spring from that back yard, Caroline.

Folkways Note Book said...

Ahhh -- you are after my heart. Your yard embodies nature's intent -- to provide for all living forms -- birds, insects, plants, etc. Love it -- barbara