LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Of Course It Didn't Take a Week

Well, you see?  The weather has been magnificent and while we did get the DSL installed I have been playing hookey from blogging.  So that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

It did take the better part of the day for the installation.  Our contractor apparently split all the telephone wires from one trunk when the house was built.  With so many splits, our reception was not good.  So the installer had to pull a line specifically for the router.  And with our house and its high ceilings and angles, this was not an easy task.  But he figured it out and now we are happy we will be able to stream.  Especially since round ball is coming to an end.  Actually it ended with the 'Heels rather sooner than we would have wished.  Plagued with injuries they did not make it to the final four.  Our interest is turned to the Louiville vs Kentucky, one of the most fierce rivalries around.

The Golden Girls got baths last week.  We used to bathe them ourselves because we have a great place for doing so.  Then, when we had an injured player I found a great groomer.  Believe it or not, she trims and bathes both dogs for fifty dollars!  So I did some thinking...we usually did the process in two days.  One day to trim nails, pawpads, and ears.  One day to bathe them.  Throw in the dirty clothes and towels, along with our time and its a no-brainer to take them for grooming.  Their time at the groomer allows us to mop their room, wash the feeding dishes, change the crate pads, etc.

Fortunately the groomer has a very large crate that will hold both of them.  We take them for a long walk before they go to the groomer and they are totally exhausted when we pick them up.  They just lie around glassy-eyed the rest of the day.  (Which is different from their usual lying around without the glassy eyes.)

That afternoon they looked rather like zombies so my husband decided to go out on the deck and snap a picture or two.  He had to bend down for the shots.




Two zombie dogs and a pair of human legs.  On any other day, the girls would have stood up at the door demanding to go out on the deck with the human.





Look at that calf definition.  Does he ever miss a day of exercising?  Yep, he takes the day off every Sunday.
 



Well, it's another perfect day and we are all headed to the trails.

18 comments:

The Bug said...

I feel like that every evening for no good reason - ha! They're just so whipped - too cute.

I'm glad you got your DSL stuff over. Mike was so sad to log in Friday evening & not see a Golden Girls post - I had to remind him that you'd said you'd be gone :)

Carolina Linthead said...

Yay! Zombie dogs :-) Thank you for a Golden Tuesday.

Rudee said...

They do look worn out! I wish I could take Leo to the groomer's, but it's easier to do it myself than battle with him and his overreaction to other dogs.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back with your new DSL and clean zombie girls.

Mary Lee said...

Love the dogs... and the gams. :)

Oh, I wish I could find someone who would take Miss Piggy on at such a bargain rate! Does the groomer do... um... anal sacs, too?

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I say you get quite the bargain for having them groomed. Loved the photos! Enjoy the warmth of spring.
Hugs, Noreen

Taradharma said...

I recognize that 'look!'

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

We still bathe our three --- one very old one, I worry about her. The second oldest has had one ACL redone, the second one could be in the future. The third one would be ok....but he is scared of so many things, if they tried to use the hair dryer, he would freak out. Yes, they are spoiled!
DSL...good for you!

Ms. A said...

My dogs were little and it was still an ordeal, especially the nail trimming.

The girls looked like they've been drugged... surely not? Just exhausted from the full day, I'm sure.

PS: NICE LEGS, Doc!

Peruby said...

That was my first thought, too - Ms. A. I certainly hope the groomer does not drug them. Even with a "natural" remedy.

Perhaps the massage part of grooming relaxes them so much they just kind of melt.

Arkansas Patti said...

Some groomers do use drugs. I would check their policy. Last time I took Mighty to a groomer it took $1500 to repair him and 90 days of therapy. He came away with a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament in his knee. I do him my self now and while he looks bad, at least he is whole when done. My vet does the toenails and anals.

Ginnie said...

Good to have you and your "crew" back. I don't have a dog but all 3of my children do and they all handle the grooming in different ways! Makes for an interesting conversation.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, the glassy eyed girls made me laugh! So cute. I understand this look....our dogs are glassy eyed just from a visit to the vet. And a weekend at the boarder? Forget about it...they are pooped for days. {Our boarders place is a vacation to them, but it wears them out too}
It takes us some time, but we eventually realize it is a better pay off to have someone else do a job we can do ourselves.
Hey, I like those calves...you best keep them off the blog from now on. ;) MEOW!

JeanMac said...

What a deal for the grooming - it's $50 minimum here for a small/medium dog.

George said...

I often feel like I could lie around glassy-eyed, but I can't use a trip to the groomer as an excuse. I'm glad your DSL is working so well for you.

troutbirder said...

Hmmmm. Maybe I should consider this for the German Shedding Dog.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

The Golden's are Beautiful! My pack sends them "woofs".

Vicki Lane said...

Oh, yes! Those are some great calves back there. My compliments!