LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, July 11, 2014

We Love Lucy


What a nice week we have had.  Perfect mountain weather with cool nights and sunny days and a bright moon.  The lightning bugs are everywhere.  Unfortunately, a lot of other bugs are plentiful as well.

As regular readers know, our Lucy has two speeds.  Zero and sixty.  She loves her long walks and off-lead time in the park.  And she also loves her frequent naps in the sun.  A dog's life is good indeed.

Lucy finds the sun even on warm days.


July is whizzing past and there are 173 days remaining in 2014.

Today's quote is from naturalist and travel writer Edward Hoagland:

In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human.  The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.

Good advice for these hot summer days.



HAVE A WONDERFUL AND SAFE WEEKEND, EVERYONE!!!

15 comments:

How Sam Sees It said...

Lucy and Harlow would have fun together I think.

Monty and Harlow

Golden Daily Scoop said...

What a great quote! Give sweet Lucy a kiss from us! Have a great weekend!!

Carolina Linthead said...

Fabulous quote! We're having fabulous weather here in OH, too.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Lucy looks like she is relaxing --maybe after her long walk.

We have not had much HOT weather so far --and they say we will have another cool spell next week.. Amazing --for July..

Wonder what August will give us?????????

Hugs,
Betsy

NanaNor's said...

Happy Friday to you! I love the quote-think it is very applicable.
Hunter is more lazy than active, but he can play with his cousins almost non stop.
Noreen

Arkansas Patti said...

I love that quote.
We will be getting some of that great weather next week. Can't wait. It has really been a mild summer.

The Bug said...

I think I'm already part dog - at least the part that likes to laze in the sun :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I LOVE that quote…words to live by!
Have a great weekend.
XO

Ginnie said...

I loved the quote and sent it on to my daughter who feels the same way. Thanks.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I've never heard that quote before--It's perfect, just as your photo is!!

I hope you're doing well, and enjoying your weekend!

troutbirder said...

Good advice indeed. I try to get some basking time in my Lazy Boy by the sunny window each day...:)

Cheryl said...

What a lovely quote....I think I am part dog :)
I love to play with Nella. I watched Poppi yesterday having tug of war with nella. It was great fun as poppi tried to get the fake rabbit from her. Nella won of course.....

Pats for Lucy......enjoy these summer days.

Vicki Lane said...

Love the quote -- I often envy our dogs. And I enjoyed tagging along in your visit to the craft fair.

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone.

Sam - Yes, I do see Harlow and Lucy a lot alike.

Janie said...

I love that quote!