LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, January 11, 2019

We Love Lucy

We have had several days of sunshine for which we are most grateful.  Some days we had high winds.  That is great for drying things out a bit but not so good for the trees whose roots are totally soaked.  Our backyard is a forest and fortunately we did not lose any trees.

Lucy absolutely loved the respite from the rain.  She enjoys all the wonderful scents from the various animals and fowl that travel across.  She doesn't run as much now that she is older, and she is wise enough to sit and rest every now and then.  But she does love being in the forest with the sun shining through the trees.


We have Adirondack chairs for the old folks
Lucy chooses a large stone from the walkway



She follows scents, real or imaginary



Both are fun and she crisscrosses the forest



Even the trees are glad to see the sunshine

Unfortunately, it appears the sunshine will end this weekend with dropping temperatures bringing freezing rain and/or SNOW!  I do hope the forecasts are totally off the mark.  We have so enjoyed our days in the sun.


Violet and her daddy spend a lot of time at museums.  Their favorite is the Children's Museum where Violet can interact with other children.  Here she is teaching her little friend where his eyes are.  The lesson was continued with locations of nose, mouth, and ears.

The little boy looks a bit perplexed either by the teacher or the lesson.


Today's quote is from an anonymous source, but is definitely timely:
"It might be worthwhile to stop wringing our hands
And start ringing our Congressman."

You can find the name and contact information of your Congressional Representative or Senator at:
https://www.congress.gov  You may cringe at the answer you receive but at least you will have made your statement.


HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK, EVERYONE
MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD

15 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

They are lovely pictures of Lucy …

Oh, yes it's wonderful when children start learning where eyes, ears, mouth and nose are etc. It reminds me of that song … Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes, both my children and grand-children enjoyed that :)

All the best Jan

The Bug said...

Love the side eye that child is giving Violet - ha! And I love that you had sun, and I love the face on that tree :)

I've been using Resistbot to contact my congress creatures.

KGMom said...

Lucy sounds like our dog Ziva ( who looks like a black golden retriever...and acts accordingly). She is fed up with the rain (me, too!) and she loves to sniff out every scent when we walk.
Word is Ziva's mother was a golden retriever and her father a wandering passerby (presumably border collie).

Barbara Rogers said...

Yes, sunshine and scents, I'm with Lucy. I also salute Violet for learning where all those things are on her head. Smart kid! Hope, along with you, that our weekend weather isn't too bad. All the bread had been sold from the shelf at my local grocery this evening. Glad I've got a couple loaves in the freezer.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...


Lovely pictures of your girl, Lucy who I know enjoyed the best of smells, and who I'm sure didn't roll in/on any of them - She's a lady afterall! :-)

Snow for us in northern VA tomorrow. I cannot wait!

Hope you are well, take care!!

Nance said...

That first photo of your Lucy is calendar-worthy!
It's (always) time for all of us to be active in Our Democracy and remind our representatives just what their jobs really are.

Resist!

Anonymous said...

So glad to see Lucy outside enjoying the sunshine in the woods. Adorable photo of Violet and her friend at the museum. We are meeting our Congressman in two weeks at a small gathering here. He's a great representative, and we can't wait to hear what he has to say.

Arkansas Patti said...

Dogs do live by their nose don't they. Callie's starts twitching the second she is outside.
We were threatened with ice and snow but only got more rain. At least drought is off the table.
Violet is adorable giving her lesson. Either a teacher or house speaker is in her future.

Tanza Erlambang - Every Day Issues said...

lovely lucy…
have a great Saturday

KB said...

I am so happy that you've had dry and sunny weather! You and Lucy deserved it!!!!

Violet is incredibly cute giving her lesson. What a great photo.

On the current shut down, even my GOP senator, who has toed the line set by the president and Mitch all along the way, is against the shut down and demanding wall money. I've been a faithful correspondent with him for years - and I can guarantee you that my letters and calls seem to make no difference whatsoever.

Have a good week. Send us your snow!

Vicki Lane said...

I love watching dogs outside. I've often wished for a little camera to strap to them as they wander our mountain. Though the two we have now aren't great wanderers -- still it would be fun to follow Bob as he dashes into the woods after a squirrel or a deer.


Violet looks like a serious teacher. So darling!

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

I love your statement of the day and yes, we must voice our concerns. On a happier note it's wonderful to see Lucy thoroughly enjoying the sun !

Cheryl said...

What beautiful images of Lucy. I love the one of her sitting alongside the chairs.
So pretty.

Violet, I do love that name. It is wonderful when young children find their face. :))

Busy Bee Suz said...

Sunshine is great for all of us! I love your happy tree and Violet is such a cutie pie.
Happy weekend

Tara said...

What do you say, Percy? I am thinking
of sitting out on the sand to watch
the moon rise. It’s full tonight.
So we go

and the moon rises, so beautiful it
makes me shudder, makes me think about
time and space, makes me take
measure of myself: one iota
pondering heaven. Thus we sit, myself

thinking how grateful I am for the moon’s
perfect beauty and also, oh! how rich
it is to love the world. Percy, meanwhile,
leans against me and gazes up
into my face. As though I were just as wonderful
as the perfect moon.

“The Sweetness of Dogs” by Mary Oliver