LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, January 4, 2019

Rainy Day Lucy

It seems like a broken record...it's raining here in the mountains.  It has poured all day long.  I have taken to driving down to the library or grocery store to get my walking in because I'm so sick and tired of walking in the chilly rain.  I didn't even do that today.  Just the thought of getting out of the car in the downpour was too much.  So up and down the stairs I went.  Not as good but the best I could muster today.  Forecasters are promising a dry weekend and I'm really counting on that.

As most of you know, Lucy hates the rain almost as much as I do.  She resists going outside and pretends not to hear when my husband puts on his rain suit and calls her.  She spends a lot of the rainy days lying in one of her beds.

Here she is curled up in the great room.



She is in the den and just heard my husband call her.
Oh, no.  Not outside again.

I mentioned last week that our little granddaughter was so overwhelmed by all the Christmas activities that she looked rather lost.  The day after, she decided to forsake most of the new stuff and latch on to her much-loved dolly and books.  She does have Mickey there as well.

Little red nose from a cold

Today's quote comes from Australian novelist Helen Garner:
"The rain began again
It fell heavily, easily with no meaning or intention
But the fulfillment of its own nature;
Which was to fall and fall."

And so it goes.  Here's hoping the predictions are right and that we might get a glimpse of sunshine this weekend.


HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK AHEAD.
START THE NEW YEAR WITH
OPTIMISM AND HAPPINESS



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you and Lucy have a nice sunny weekend. We've had frosty cold clear skies here for a week, but now the rains have returned with big gusty winds. Ah winter.

Barbara Rogers said...

Yep, I'm with Lucy! I also just got over a cold, so I understand your granddaughter's nose very well! I went through 2 new boxes of tissue. Hip hip hoorah, the sun is out this morning. I can't wait to get out there, as I'm sure you and Lucy will as well! Enjoy the day.

Arkansas Patti said...

Poor Violet. Little ones don't understand when they feel badly nor do they know it will eventually go away.
We have had the same weather but today is the first sunshine we have seen for a week. Sure glad I am not dependent on solar power.

KB said...

I hope that you are having a dry weekend! Both you and Lucy can enjoy the sunshine.

Vicki Lane said...

Well, today (Sunday) is glorious here. Chilly but sunny and beautifully clear. Poor baby with her little red nose -- may it soon pass.

Nance said...

Love the Star Wars jammies! She looks cozy, albeit a bit worse for her cold.

NEO has been gifted with temps in the 40s and a few 50-degree days and SUN! I am over the moon with gratitude! I would send some your way, but I am jealously hoarding it in my bliss. I know soon enough it will be gone.

The Bug said...

Yes - Friday was a deluge! Yikes! But the weekend was very nice here - hope it was there too!

Joared said...

You lament the rain and I lament not having enough here, though other So Cal areas don’t want rain either as brings mud and rock slides. Would we each could have only what we need.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We are getting the rain here this week that you posted about😕and it was also mixed in a little snow and then some cold temps, so I stayed indoors as well. Like you and Lucy, I also do not like walking in the rain, despite Gene Kelly singing & dancing in it. Hooe that Violet is feeling better soon and favorite toys are always a comfort...at any age🙂

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

This past weekend in my part of NC was really nice. I hope it got all the way up to you. Both Lucy and your sweet granddaughter are very photogenic.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I hope your weekend was drier and sunnier for all of you!!

Lowcarb team member said...

That's a sweet photograph of Violet.

All the best Jan