LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, January 23, 2015

We Love Lucy



We've had a whirlwind week.  Three gorgeous warm and sunny days.  Such a welcome January respite.  Today winter returned like a lover scorned, slapping us with freezing rain and wind.  Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Lucy does not like rain at all.  And especially not the freezing rain and wind.  We stick her towels in the dryer to warm and tumble while she is out.  She seems to love the warm towel placed over her back as we dry her thick coat.

She likes to sleep near the fireplace either in her bed or on the floor.  She still loves to use shoes for a pillow.

It's even better when there is a soft foot to lie on.




 But if the footrest is up, shoes still make a nice pillow.
Don't worry Dad.  I'm guarding your shoes for you.




 Her favorite place is still with her head on the new bee pillow.


We welcomed the days of sunshine especially in view of the dismal Packer loss last Sunday.  Oh, the agony to have played a better game and to have lost in the end.  I have no interest in the Super Bowl this year, since my two least favorite teams are playing.  But hey..."news" reporters...  Enough already about deflated footballs.  And for heaven's sake, stop calling it "deflate-gate."  Really.

Today's quote comes at an appropriate time for our Congress.  I wish they would heed these words:

"The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others."
Albert Schweitzer    
HAVE A MOST WONDERFUL WEEKEND, EVERYONE!

HELP OTHERS

 

13 comments:

Ginnie said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend too, despite the rain. It is just starting here and I don't think it's the freezing kind that you may be getting, altho we are in the same State of NC.

Ms. A said...

I'm with Lucy, I'm not a fan of the rain, either! We had about 3 days of sunshine, too and it was wonderful! Now it's back to rainy, gloomy and cold.

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Love reading about Lucy.
She is such a sweetie! WE've had some wonderful weather, but more snow is in the future. I'm so ready for spring.
Hugs,
Noreen

Busy Bee Suz said...

I'm laughing about your dislike of deflate-gate. :0
Lucy is a lucky girl...so much care for her comfort.
We go to Las Vegas for Super Bowl weekend and I'll ask at least 4 times (as I do) who is playing this year? I don't pay much attention to sports, so those details are lost on me.
Have a great weekend!

KB said...

Lucy is just so sweet and loveable. I love her pillows... from shoes to real pillows!

I'm sorry about your Packers. To give you some idea how out of it I am, I don't even know what "deflate-gate" is!

Enjoy your weekend. I hope it brings sunny days!

Carolina Linthead said...

May we all be wrapped in the "warm towels" of love...always.

How Sam Sees It said...

I hope the rain dries up and you will get a little sun. We will send you some of ours!

Monty and Harlow

Arkansas Patti said...

Heated towels?? Now that is special. You treat your little queen royally. I'll have to remember that lovely trick.
I plan to watch mainly to root against the Pats.

The Bug said...

Lucy & her bee pillow make me smile :)

I told a friend that I thought deflategate was dee-FLAT-i-gate & was something that people shouldn't mention in polite company. Ha!

Cheryl said...

I had a dog who loved to lie on shoes. As a puppy she would try and walk around the house with one in her mouth. She was far to small to carry them really but I have to say it was great entertainment.
Our dogs bring something special to our lives, that only another dog owner would understand.
Lucy is such a darling.........

Hope that freezing rain stays away....it is very cold here, we had a hoar frost last night Brrrrr

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone.

Bug - LOL

Cheryl - She's never tried to pick up a shoe or even move it. And it's almost always my husband's shoes she prefers.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a sports fan of any kind, so the whole football saga has passed me right by. I'm glad for that.

Vicki Lane said...

Can't help mentioning the newly discovered NFL operetta by Johann Strauss III -- DeFlater Mouse. (ducking and running)