LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, November 28, 2014

We Love Lucy


The new fireplace is finished and we love it.  I am pleased to tell you that Lucy does not mind at all that her eight-inch hearth as been taken down and the new hearth (actually the top of the old hearth) is a mere two inches high.  She finds it very comfortable indeed.  And it doesn't stretch her neck so much.

Please don't make me get up.  This is so cozy.

We will be repeating Thanksgiving dinner for some days to come.  Dear husband brought home a fresh turkey.  A 15-pound fresh turkey.  The man will happily eat turkey until the turkey is all gone.  We had a quiet dinner and a lovely day.

French novelist Marcel Proust gives us our quote for the week:
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy.  They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."

There is no better person than the one who makes us happy.  In times of trouble and stress, we turn to these people and we are so grateful to them.  I hope you have these wonderful gardeners in your own life.  Tell them just how important they are to you and how grateful you are to know them.


HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND, EVERYONE AND GIVE THANKS FOR ALL YOUR BLESSINGS.


14 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Thanks for the reminder to thank the gardeners of our souls!

Golden Daily Scoop said...

What a great reminder! Glad you enjoyed your day!

Ms. A said...

Awwww, she looks comfy and satisfied. Glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving... and will be enjoying the leftovers, or at least hubby will.

Anonymous said...

So nice to see Lucy happily resting on her new hearth. A lovely quote and a good reminder after spending Thanksgiving with loved ones.

Arkansas Patti said...

She does look comfortable. So glad she didn't loose her spot.
Love the quote and it is so true.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

The quote is perfect for Thanksgiving, as is the photo of your sweet girl enjoying the new hearth!

--And your husband isn't alone in those leftovers, I love them too!

Vicki Lane said...

You and your blog make me happy. As does Lucy.

troutbirder said...

Happy joyful people and pets keep me going...:)

The Bug said...

Aww, sweet Lucy... Yes, I love to be with people who make me happy :) Enjoy all your turkey!

Cheryl said...

So pleased that Lucy approves of the hearth :) She does indeed look happy.
So much turkey, made me smile.....took me back to my father.

That is the reason I blog.....I find gardeners the most kindly of people. I have cut my blog list down....all those I keep in contact with I consider my friends.

So thank you for sharing your birds, garden art, beautiful Camellia's and of course dear Lucy...............

KB said...

I'm so happy that Lucy loves her hearth still. It looks cozy... but perhaps you could attach some cushioning to that corner for her? :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you, my blogging friend.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Love that quote. The fireplace hearth looks lovely!!!
I'm with your husband...I'll eat turkey until I start to gobble.
XO

Tara said...

Lucy looks so peaceful. No wonder.

That's a great quote. I consider myself extremely lucky to have great gardeners in my life!

Some of your posts over the years have sustained me. Thank you for that!

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone.