LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, November 21, 2014

We Love Lucy



This has been a rather stressful week for our Lucy.  A creature of habit, she does not like changes in routine.  With the workers still working on our new fireplace she has been limited to the den while they are working.  She loves people and is certain they are here for her to entertain.  So she is better off away from the workers and in the den with either me or my husband.

I think she is looking for new items to use as pillows.  In this instance, it is one of my husband's shoes.  She seems quite comfortable.





 Her hearth is gone completely.  When it is rebuilt it will be only 2 inches high.  Until then she decided to just let her head drop off the bed to the floor.  If she intended to make a statement, it was totally missed as she fell fast asleep.  You can see the outline of the old hearth.  It seems the builders finished the floor before installing the hearth.


It has been a rather chilly week for us but it is finally beginning to warm up to normal for the date.  (I do not use the word "cold" out of deference to our daughter who lives in Milwaukee.)

I will be so happy when the new fireplace is finished and our great room is back in order.  Might as well not have decorated for Thanksgiving this year since most everything is either moved or covered with a drop cloth.  Can it really be?  Is Thanksgiving next Thursday?

Our quote for today is by Franklin Delano Roosevelt:
“Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” 




HAVE A SAFE AND WONDERFUL WEEKEND, EVERYONE.
THINK KINDLY OF ALL THOSE WHO SHARE OUR COUNTRY AND PLANET.  HELP AS MANY OF THOSE IN NEED AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN.





 



11 comments:

Carolina Linthead said...

I love Lucy...and FDR, and that cartoon! Kinda fond of you, too. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

It's sweet to see Lucy find comfortable places amidst all the changes. Great quote and cartoon.

The Bug said...

I agree with Lucy - having my routine disrupted is annoying!

Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!

Ms. A said...

Lucy seems to be more relaxed than I would be, with all the disruption.

Arkansas Patti said...

Ha,ha, she really makes uncomfortable look attractive.
Love the cartoon.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

These pups really are creatures of habit, and do love those visitors that come for 'them,' don't they?

I hope the work is finished quickly, and you're all in front of the fire warm and cozy very soon! Take care, and enjoy your weekend -- And if I miss your next post, have a wonderful and memorable Thanksgiving!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Yes, it is next week!!! I feel the same way. I hope the hearth/fireplace finish up to your liking. I'm sure Lucy will acclimate soon enough.
XO

Cheryl said...

Lucy I am sure, like most of us, will be happy when the house is in order......a girl after my own heart.

Always love your quotes.......

Vicki Lane said...

I love your Thanksgiving greeting. So sad that a nation of immigrants can be so intolerant of others wanting the same thing.

troutbirder said...

I used to think that cats were more creatures of habit than dogs. Not any more. Great cartoon....:)

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone. We're hoping to have the fireplace finished by Tuesday.