Each year Beloit College in Wisconsin prepares a snapshot of the incoming class (this year the Class of 2015). The purpose of the list is to remind professors to review and revise their notes and references to make certain they are not outdated. The list is always surprising and fun to read. You can see the complete list here.
Here are some of the mindset items in no particular order.
THE MINDSET LIST FOR THE CLASS OF 2015
- Ferris Bueller could have been their father
- The only significant labor disputes in their lifetimes have been in major league sports
- "Don't touch that dial" they ask "what dial?"
- Say "Amazon" and the first thing they think of is not the river in South America
- Life has always been like a box of chocolates
- OJ Simpson has always been looking for the killers of Nicole Simpson and Ronald Goldman
- Music has always been available via free downloads
- "Yadda, yadda, yadda" has always come in handy to make long stories short
- There have always been altar girls
- Refugees and prisoners have always been housed at Guantanamo
- They were 3 when Tickle Me Elmo was the hottest toy around and their parents might have battled for one
- The school's "blackboards" have never been black.
- Women have always been from Venus; men from Mars