LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, November 15, 2019

Going Dark for A while

THE BITCH IS BACK.  That said, it could be far worse.  I mentioned before I would not let my life be defined by cancer anymore than absolutely necessary.  So for the near future, I will not be blogging.  I will focus on treatment and fun, music, books, and family.

I know that more articulate and generous people have encouraged others.  But my own take is that every person's life is unique and  each journey is different.  I am incredibly fortunate and I remain positive with a touch of realism.  I have a wonderfully supportive family, and excellent pysicians who are experts in the field.  The medical faciliy is state-of-the-art with active research and a wealth of  the latest equipment.  We are financially secure and in a good place.  My physicians are very optimistic that we recognized the return spot very early and expect snother remission soon.  I feel quite well and have no side effects from treatment.  I drive myself there through pastures and farms, enjoying the beautiful ride, the car filled with the wonderful sounds from my playlists.

So all things considered...LIFE IS GOOD, and we are blessed,.

Tofay's quote comes from Emily Dickinson:
"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul-
And sings the tunes without the words-
And never stops at all."

I will likely continue to post on FaceBook as Carolyn Brittain Powell if you want to check in occasionally.  It's no more interesting than averag (and that's a low bar), and it won't have to do with cancer.  Just birds  and mountains and a thought or two.

STAY SAFE AND HAPPY!
HELP ONE ANOTHER


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Carolyn, this news is so sad, but your attitude is absolutely perfect. Please know in your heart that we'll be thinking of you and sending you the very best healing wishes from the north coast of California. From our hearts to yours.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I hate that bitch and I hate this news.
But, I DO love your attitude and that really is a LOT in the grand scheme of things.
Big hugs, love and good mojo from Florida. XOXO

KB said...

Oh no... this was not what I wanted to read. I hate that bitch too. But you are the fighting sort who can find ways to stay happy. Please know that I'll be thinking of you, hoping for your next remission very soon. Sending healing vibes and lots of fighting mojo to you.

Vicki Lane said...

Oh no! But I love your attitude. Dum vivimus, VIVAMUS! While we live, let's live! Much love to you.

Barbara Rogers said...

Hi friend over the mountains, I'll be looking forward to your FB posts. Thanks for giving us a heads-up here in blogland where you will be for the next little while. The land and trees and birds all have the same message as I do. Be. Well.

Arkansas Patti said...

That bitch has no couth. Mine came back after a 4 year hiatus but treatment beat her back into the ether. With your attitude, support group and first class medical crew, I am sure you will also beat her down. Will be praying for you and hoping you return to blogger ville some day since I don't have Facebook and don't know if I can access yours with out one. Be well my friend.

The Bug said...

I’m so sorry to hear this. I’ll keep you in mind as you concentrate on taking care of yourself & your family. And I’ll try to post amusing content on FB for your benefit.

Kay G. said...

Keep looking up at the mountains and giving us your positive thoughts. I am also sorry to hear this news from you but I am glad that you have so many to take care of you. God bless. x

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I know you have the best family there for you, and I know they are with you in each and every step you take in your treatment and recovery. You are a treasured blogging friend, and from my corner in northern Virginia, I am sending my prayers and best of vibes and cheering you on that you'll be back very soon.

And now, I'm going to find you on Facebook....

Maggie said...

Sorry to hear but keep beating that bitch off!

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

You are an inspiration and an amazing example of how all of us should face life. I'm sending good vibes your way and pray that you will be back when it feels right. I always love what you have to share and, since we both live in NC, I guess I feel somewhat like a neighbor. All the best to you and your supportive family. Much love ….

Nance said...

Thinking of you. XO from NEO.

Tara said...

Dammit. I understand your desire to take a hiatus and am glad that we are connected on FB (or Face Crack as some of my friends call it). All signs are pointing to remission it seems, so 'git 'er done' Carolyn. Sending you all my good wishes for a speedy and effective treatment for this next round.

Ernie said...

So sorry to hear this! Your attitude is amazing and a true inspiration. All the best and will be thinking of you. Sending good thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery from Chicago. Take care.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Carolyn, Your positive attitude is what defines you and not the “bitch called cancer.” Like many others, we have faced this same scenario in our own family and there have also been ups and downs. It’s good to read that you have such support and good medical facilities. You will be missed in blog land and as I don’t use FB will send out good thoughts that one day you will do a blog post again. Meanwhile, do enjoy your family, friends and life...the best medicine is doing what you enjoy.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

I don't do the Facebook thing so I hope this gets to you even though you are not blogging now. Just wanted to wish you any your wonderful family a ...VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING ...