LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Saturday, January 28, 2017

We Love Lucy


We are finally having some normal winter weather.  And none too soon.  Two weeks of unusually warm weather have not been good for the plants or for us.  We're glad to see the frost again.  Lucy loves the cooler weather and I had her out to take some pictures of our camellias in full bloom.  (Alas, those lovely blossoms are already turning brown.)  I decided to snap a few pictures of her while we were out.

She definitely did not like having to stop her running and sniffing to sit for a photograph.  And the look on her face says it all.  No caption needed here.





OK, Lucy.  Let's move over next to the bear.

I hope you don't think I will like that one bit better.






Come on, Lucy.  Give me a smile and I'll give you a cookie.

Nope.  I'll not be bribed with a little treat.  I'm tired of this sitting stuff..



I decided to give up and let her have her fun.

I just discovered that my new laptop does not have an opening for my camera card.  And the extra USB cord I have does not fit my camera.  (The camera was bought in 2005 and I'm not sure where to find the cord that came with the camera.)  So the only way to load a photograph to my blog is to download it to another laptop and either email it to this one or put it on a flash drive.  With the injured player and the upcoming surgery, recovery, and rehab, I simply won't have time to manage the blog, so I'm going dark again, probably for a month.  I'll still be reading your blogs but I won't be posting.  All is proceeding well.  But as you might imagine, we have lots to do.

Today's quote is from Anne Frank who had more reason to despair than any of us:

“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.”

So let's be about improving the world even as some around us try to destroy it.  We don't need to wait a single moment.  Get going and do what you can.  We must rely upon one another as never before.


HAVE A MOST WONDERFUL WEEKEND

REMEMBER WE ARE ALL ONE WORLD


21 comments:

KB said...

Lucy sure did make it clear that sitting was not on her agenda! Zooming was - and I'm glad that she got to run around in the cool air.

I love your quote. I've decided that I must do one thing per day to try address my complaints about our political situation - and I'm not allowed to whine until I do that :) I've been calling my representatives about various appointees for starters.

I think that your camera upload issue might be easily fixed. I own a card reader that will take almost any kind of card and connects via a USB port. You can buy it from Amazon. Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056TYRMW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Of course, I understand your need to minimize your web time with all that is happening at home. I just thought that you might want to get that reader for the future. I hope that all goes well in the surgery and recovery for the injured player. I will be thinking of you.

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks, KB. I'll look into the product although I'm fairly certain it's a problem with an old USB cord and/or an old camera. And we likely have the box with the cord I need. I just didn't want to futz with finding it right now. Thanks for the link. I will definitely want to find something seamless to use for the future. I'm giving serious thought to a new camera as well. Eleven years is a long time in this techno age even for an expensive Nikon.

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh my, Lucy had to have her day! I'll miss seeing your posts...but will be sending virtual healing energies for the recovering one. Keep on doing what you do, and when you can share again, I'll look forward to it.

Anonymous said...

Always look forward to seeing your Lucy posts. She's such a sweet pup! I hope all goes well there with the surgery and rehab. Take care there.

Arkansas Patti said...

I will miss your posts and Lucy(loved her expression of barely tolerating the posing for a cookie). Please take care of your self and injured one. May you both be back on the playing field soon.

Vicki Lane said...

What an annoyance about the camera card. Would a card reader work?

Carolina Linthead said...

Lucy is so funny! Thanks for all the pics and lovely quotes. Your buddy, the Linthead

Cheryl said...

Beautiful images of Lucy............her expressions tell many stories :)
I do hope the surgery goes well and rehab is successful.
Sending healing thoughts.

Great quote and very apt at this time.

Nance said...

Take good care. I'm making my calls today. Resist.

Tara said...

That FACE says it all. She tried to be a 'good girl' for you, but her nature won out and she just wanted to play. Such is DOG.

Best of luck with surgery, rehab and recovery. Your injured one will need you. I look forward to your being back on your blog, posting and entertaining us, bringing us much needed words of wisdom (that Anne Frank quote -- wow).

All my best to you and yours.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Lucy and her facial expressions....kinda like me; she can't hide her emotions. I love your carved bear though!
My camera card was always too big for my laptop openings....so I purchased on amazon (my fave!) a universal card reader. It had slots for every type of card and works just great! Now, I just got the newest Mac and it doesn't even have a usb slot. So I had to get another gadget for this to connect. It.never.ends!
Best of luck to your husband!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh, I love these photographs of Lucy, they made me smile.
Sending my good wishes -
Hope the surgery goes well and rehab and recovery is successful.

All the best Jan

troutbirder said...

Great message. Be well, Carolyn...:)

Ginnie said...

Lucy certainly showed her stuff ... not happy to have to sit for photos but it was fun to see them. All the best for your upcoming month and I'll be looking for you to come back. Hope it goes well.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sending well wishes that all goes well as you certainly do have a lot coming up. Understandably going dark for awhile is the best thing for you as it will be one less concern. And, you know, that your fellow bloggers will all be here when you return.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Aww Lucy is so pretty and patient with you! I hope your husband is on the road to recovery:)

The Bug said...

Good luck with all the things!

Tara said...

Hoping all is well and recovery is underway. No doubt Lucy is a comfort.

Love the quote - so very true.

How Sam Sees It said...

Harlow doesn't mind posing for photos, unless I over do it. Then I get a "snooty" Princess face in my direction. LOL!

We are keeping paws crossed for a speedy recovery!

Monty, Harlow, and Ramble

Henry said...

Aww! Very cute pictures. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
Keep your head up Lucy :)

Take care,
Henry

Lowcarb team member said...

It was so lovely to receive your comment recently on the low carb diabetic blog.
I hope all is well, and recovery and rehab from surgery is going well.

Sending my good thoughts to you

All the best Jan