LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, October 2, 2015

We Love Lucy


We have had a rainy week here.  On Tuesday the forecasters promised the rain would end by Thursday and we would enjoy a sunny weekend.  We were ready for that since we had more than seven inches of rain in a five day period.  They did mention a tropical depression in the Atlantic.  By Wednesday the depression was a serious hurricane headed for the coast.  Then an unexpected front swept over Upstate South Carolina and Western North Carolina and stalled, dumping us with more and more rain along with flash flooding.  So almost all of North Carolina is having heavy rainfall; the west due to the front and the east due to the hurricane.  Our thoughts go out to those in harm's way.

Lucy does not like usually like the rain.  But surprisingly she does enjoy running in the rain at the park.  My husband takes her there (if it's not a total downpour) while I put towels in the dryer to warm up so we can get her dry quickly.  When it is raining, she tends to patrol the house, going from window to window to look out.


 Here she looks out a dining room window.



During a respite from the rain we went out on the front porch.







Then she decided that her cozy bed might be the best idea.

Our thoughts are still with the refugees fleeing for their lives.  And for the victims and families of yet another senseless shooting in our country.  Will we never learn?

We've got company coming so I'll be taking another two-week break.

Today's quote is an old Irish blessing from an unknown author:

May you always have walls for the winds,
A roof for the rain,
Tea beside the fire,
Laughter to cheer you,
Those you love near you,
And all your heart might desire.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, EVERYONE
AND STAY SAFE


 

17 comments:

Golden Daily Scoop said...

Aww, Lucy you are adorable! We're not crazy about going out in the rain unless we are going out to play! Love your bed, it's enormous! :)

Cheryl said...

Lucy has the most luxurious bed....I am not going to show Nella :)

That is some rain....when the heavens open they really do.

It is a sad world we live in...........I pray for those that suffer.

Enjoy your break.............I hope the weather is fine and you can enjoy your beautiful scenery.

Arkansas Patti said...

Every time I see a Lucy post I think 'goodness is it Friday all ready?' Then I enjoy my Lucy fix.
Hope you get a break and that the remnants of the hurricane miss you. You are under water and I am kicking up dust in the yard. Weird weather world.
I love that Irish blessing. What more to wish for. If only it were available for all.
Enjoy your company and stay safe.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you with all this crazy rain. Sure hope the biggest weather systems move on by quickly and everyone fares well there. Always nice to see Lucy so comfy on her bed.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

LOVE the photo of your girl on her cozy, warm bed -- It's where I like to be on rainy days too! :-)

Enjoy your weekend, and stay warm!

KB said...

We pre-heat the towels after a rainy outing too! We laugh because we figured that we were the only people crazy enough about their dogs to do that. Now I know we have company!

I love the photos of Lucy, so warm and snuggled in after being out in the rain.

I hope that you get sunshine for your company! See you in a couple of weeks.

Tara said...

brilliant idea to heat the towels -- I will have to remember that for our threesome.

There you are with all this rain, and we've had yet another 92 degree day -- in October! So, so, SO tired of it.

I love catching up with Lucy on Fridays. Her bed looks like heaven. I love that she prowls about on rainy days, looking out the windows.

Enjoy your company and I hope the weather lets up soon!

Ms. A said...

Nice bed! Great way to spend at least part of a rainy day!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photo's of Lucy again.
My friends dog also 'patrols' the windows when there is a lot of rain and gets excited to see it!

Now that is a good idea to warm up the towels, I'm sure Lucy appreciates it!

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

The Bug said...

I think I'm going to start having Mike warm up towels for me when I take a walk in the rain :)

troutbirder said...

Warm and cozy looks good for canine or man....:)

Ginnie said...

Wouldn't you just love to get into Lucy's mind? She always seem to be in deep thought and probably is. Enjoy your company and we will be here when you return.

How Sam Sees It said...

Our pups love the rain here, except when it is thundering - Monty is miserable!

Have fun with your company.

Monty and Harlow

Vicki Lane said...

Two school shootings just today. When will enough people get concerned and vote OUT the legislators who take their orders from the NRA?

Carolina Linthead said...

We have been very dry in Ohio, but the blue skies have been beautiful! Leaves are changing and falling at a pretty good clip these days. The hickories and maples are very colorful! The oaks, as always, lag behind, and the gingkos of Yellow Springs have yet to turn yellow.

Vicki Lane said...

The rain was so welcome -- the pastures are green again! --and it was gentle enough that no harm came to our road.

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone.