LIFE'S BETTER IN THE MOUNTAINS

Friday, February 22, 2013

Fridays Are Golden


Here we are already in the last weekend of February.  We are still having strange weather patterns indeed.  Monday morning found us with two inches of snow.  The temperature steadily climbed all day and melted most of it.  We've had rain, sleet, high winds and little sun this week.  Too many gray days for my liking.


Those expensive pills worked wonders for Lucy.  Within 24 hours she was walking normally and within 48 hours she seemed totally fine.  Now, of course comes the problem.  She is not supposed to run or twist for another two weeks.  And that will be very hard for her and for us.  Since she has not been active, I thought I would revisit her younger days in Wisconsin.



Both dogs loved chasing the flying toys.
Lucy had already learned that she stood little chance of taking it head-on.
So she grabbed it from the side of Ellie's mouth instead.




And just in case you thought using Ellie for a pillow was a recent thing...



This week's quote comes from the late Sydney J. Harris, one of my favorite columnists.

"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."

So quit putting off that phone call or visit.  Do the things with your loved ones that you only talk about.  You won't regret it.

HAVE A MOST WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!
STAY SAFE AND HAPPY!!!


9 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Good quote, and I always love catching up with your golden girls.

wildcatwoods said...

They looked so beautiful ad young - what happy photos. Thanks for sharing. I hope Lucy continues to improve and you can keep her quiet. Lovey quote and so very true.

Carolina Mountains

Busy Bee Suz said...

Some things never change....and in this case, that is a good thing. :) Glad all is well for you and your goldnd girls. I LOVE that quote!
Stay well,
Suz

KB said...

I'm so glad that Lucy is doing better. Over the years, our dogs have had some serious back problems, and in every case except one, they completely recovered and never had a problem again. That's what I hope happens for Lucy.

Love the quote. Have a great weekend!

Ginnie said...

Love the quote ... so true.
I'm glad that Lucy is better and maybe this strange weather (I'm getting it too) will keep her inside and quiet.

troutbirder said...

How true. A good guide for action. And my Baron's also visited the vet for his arthrities. Time magazine exhaustive report of the exorbitant pricing practices of hospitals was almost the eye opener that $140 for 20 antiinflamitory/anagesic pills for a dog. And yes I paid. And I do know that people pain pills are not to be used for animals.

Rudee said...

I'm so relieved Lucy is better. I hope you can keep her calm enough to completely heal.

Vicki Lane said...

A quote we all should remember.

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Super quote. Glad the pills are working for her.